Interesting facts about smoking
Interesting facts about cigarettes, smokeless tobacco and more
second hand smoking facts|smokeless tobacco facts|chewing tobacco facts
Interesting facts about smoking reveal some amusing and perplexing truths about smoking. They do not necessarily cover all the facts about smoking which you can find on their respective pages on this site. I just pulled together the most interesting ones here.
Interesting facts about smoking: Statistics
- 11.4% of all mothers in the US smoked in 2002.
- Mothers who smoke at least 10 cigarettes a day double the susceptibility of their infants to developing asthma
- Many of the 599 additives in cigarettes have been approved as food additives. They only become dangerous when ignited and burn when smoking.
- A questionable economic boost strategy in China ordered civil servants to smoke collectively 230 000 packets of locally manufactured cigarettes each year. Those failing to meet the target would be fined.
- China has 350 million smokers three times the number of smokers in the USA.
- Chinese smokers combined smoke 2 trillion cigarettes per year amounting to 2.4 trillion mg of nicotine.
- A cup of coffee of the controversial caffeine and blood pressure has 1000 chemicals. A cigarette produces over 4000 chemicals when burning.
Interesting facts about smoking: General